No Stigma No Shave Music & Mental Health Event May 21 Sacramento, Ca (Hieroglyphics+ More)
No Stigma, No Shame Festival
- Saturday, May 21, 2022
- 12:00 PM 5:00 PM
Save the date for MH First’s No Stigma, No Shame Festival!
This 5-hour festival will be a highly curated event centered around community exploring healing resources. We will have legendary artists performing top hit songs accompanied by local healers, food, & vendors.
Who is MH First Sacramento: MH First Sacramento, a project of Anti Police-Terror Project, is a Cutting-edge new model for a non-police response to mental health crises. The goal of MH First is to respond to mental health crises including, but not limited to, crisis response, substance use support, and domestic violence safety planning.
Our purpose is to interrupt and eliminate the need for law enforcement in mental health crisis first response by providing mobile peer support, de-escalation assistance, and non-punitive and life-affirming interventions, therefore decriminalizing emotional and psychological crises and decreasing the stigma around mental health, substance use, and domestic violence, while also addressing their root causes: white supremacy, capitalism, and colonialism.
Join us in connecting our communities with healing resources!
The No Stigma, No Shame Festival will break barriers around mental health and connect community members with community resources.
A day of healing and connecting with music and community at the center!
The No Stigma, No Shame Festival will:
- Destigmatize mental health
- Bring awareness to mental health and away from shame
- Bring healers of all modalities together
- Focus on Black, Brown & people of color to find culturally competent healing resources
- Legendary and local artists to perform top hits and healing centered music
- Connect community to healing resources
- Local and mouth-watering food vendors to promote healing from within
You must be logged in to post a comment.